We provide a full range of sexual and reproductive health services from Beckenham Beacon.
We offer a walk-in service on a first come, first served basis.
The clinic can be very busy, and we are not always able to see everyone on the day they attend. We recommend that, if possible, you access services online through Sexual Health London before you come to the clinic. Online services include testing for STIs, supply of the contraceptive pill and patch and emergency contraception (the ‘morning after pill’).
When you attend the clinic, you will be assessed (‘triaged’) according to your reason for attending. If you need a priority service, we’ll offer a same-day emergency slot. For everything else, you will be offered an appointment on the same day if we have availability, or you will be offered an appointment to come back on another day.
Priority is given to:
- young people (under 18 years old)
- those who need post-exposure prophylaxis
- those who need emergency contraception
- those with severe or urgent symptoms.
Our walk-in service provides:
assessment of sexual health symptoms
treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
contraception, including coil and implant insertions or removals and Depo injections
post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
signposting to support if you have problems with chemsex (using drugs as part of your sex life)
referral for psychosexual therapy
395 Croydon Road
Kent BR3 3QL
- Monday: 9am to 4.15pm
- Tuesday: 11am to 6.15pm
- Wednesday: 12pm to 6.15pm
- Thursday: 8am to 3.15pm
- Friday: 8am to 3.15pm
We are closed on weekends and bank (public) holidays.
Sexual health screening if you have no symptoms
If you have no symptoms and you live in:
- Bromley: visit the Sexual Health London website for a home testing kit. The kit will be delivered discreetly to your home or can be collected from your local participating sexual health clinic. You should get your results within four working days. This service is available to residents of most London boroughs.
- Croydon: visit the Croydon Sexual Health website to order a home testing kit.
- Bexley or Greenwich: visit the Check Urself website to order a home testing kit.
Coil fitting or removal (IUD or IUS)
If you contact us to request a coil fitting or removal, we will book you a telephone appointment to discuss your needs.
During the phone consultation, we will:
- ask for the details needed to schedule your fitting or removal
- schedule an appointment for your coil fitting or removal.
Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
The emergency contraception pill is available from selected pharmacies, and is free if you’re under 25 years old. Our emergency contraception page has a full list of Bromley pharmacies providing emergency contraception.
You can also come in to us without an appointment, during our usual opening hours if you wish to discuss your options for emergency contraception.
Vaccinations for Hepatitis B (HBV) and human papilloma virus (HPV)
Support if you have recently been sexually assaulted
Please contact The Havens, specialist centres in London for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
You can also come into us without an appointment, during our usual opening hours, if you are unable to contact The Havens or prefer not to go there.
Abortion (termination of pregnancy)
Please note, the Central Booking Service for abortions is no longer available. You can now choose to have your abortion, and get abortion advice, with either:
- the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS)
- Marie Stopes International (MSI)
- or the National Unplanned Pregnancy Advisory Service (NUPAS).
Abortions are simpler and safer the earlier they are carried out. For more information on abortion go to the NHS website.
You can contact us using these details:
Phone us Monday to Friday during our usual opening hours (see above) on 01689 866 622
If you need urgent or emergency support outside of our opening hours, contact your GP, NHS 111, or go to your local urgent care centre or emergency department.
You can email us with any non-urgent queries and we aim to respond to you within 24 hours, during our usual clinic hours.